31st Annual Texas State Forest Festival Wins Multiple Awards
The Lufkin/Angelina County Chamber of Commerce is building a dynasty when it comes to the Texas State Forest Festival and how it stacks up against other events in the Lone Star State.
For the past several years, the Texas State Forest Festival has been racking up awards in the way that the event is presented, marketed, and organized. Before I move on with the list of awards won this time around may I say that only Judge Billy Ball (pictured first row in the center) can make those socks look great!
The 31st Annual Texas State Forest Festival was recognized in many categories at the Texas Association of Fairs and Events (TAFE) at their annual convention in January. The 31st Annual Texas State Forest Festival took home thirteen awards including the Best Overall Award for the 5th year in a row. The TAFE 2016 awards include:
- Best Overall Award – 5th year in a row
- First Place Awards
- Best Newsletter: BusinessLink
- Best Media Guide / Press Kit
- Best Miscellaneous Multi-Page Materials (direct mail): BusinessLink
- Best Online Advertising: Zimmerman Communications & Media
- Best New Media Platform
- Best Mascot
- Best Volunteer Program
- Best Environmental / Green Program: Angelina/Beautiful Clean
- Second Place Awards
- Best Promotional Advertising –Outdoor : Downtown Banner/Zimmerman Communications
- Best Promotional Poster: Zimmerman Communications
- Best Pin, Badge or Button: VIP Badge/Zimmerman Communications
- Best Scholarship Program: Inspirational Praise Sing Off
The festival brings a large amount of business and tourism to Angelina County with crowds approaching 30,000 over the course of five days. After 31 years, the festival continues to grow as a premier annual event in East Texas.
The 32nd Annual Texas State Forest Festival presented by Brookshire Brothers takes place September 21-25, 2016. For more information about festival events, go to TexasStateForestFestival.com.