A Day to Help the Winnie Berry Humane Society of Angelina County
We have something very special going on today on KICKS 105. It's a More Music Monday benefiting the Winnie Berry Humane Society of East Texas.
Every Friday morning we feature a Pet of the Week, well today, we are featuring the entire facility. All commercials on KICKS 105 between 6 a.m and 1 p.m. today have been replaced by information and interviews concerning the Humane Society. Many sponsors have stepped forward to make this possible, so we are also making sure that they are invited onto the program to get their message across.
We are very blessed to have a No Kill Shelter such as this in our community. The board, staff, and volunteers truly make this a labor of love to make sure that each and every 'fur' baby gets adopted by a loving, caring, and deserving family. Each adopted dog and cat is spayed/neutered, up to date on shots, and micro-chipped.
The Winnie Berry Humane Society relies heavily on donations of funds, goods, and services and we're hoping that you can help. A Go Fund Me account has been set up for the center. Anybody donating through this week will go into a drawing for a Moody Gardens getaway which includes a family 4 pack of tickets to the Moody Gardens attractions, PLUS, a night stay at the 4 diamond Moody Gardens Hotel.
Here's a look at some of the pets looking for loving families:
- Chief is a 1 year old male Dalmatian / Australian Cattle Dog mix that loves to give hugs and wants someone that will spend lots of time with him. Chief would love to have some kids in his new home to play with and is normally a pretty quiet guy. He also gets along with most other dogs and said he would really need to meet his new housemates to see if they would be dogs that he would like to live with.
- Marty, Lily Bear, Ranger, and Rosie all came to us by unfortunate circumstances. Their home burned in another county and they no longer had a home so they moved in with us.
Marty, Lily Bear, and Ranger are Poodle / Cocker Spaniel mixes and can be a rambunctious, protective trio when kept together, really doing better, with each of them being very affectionate when they are apart so they would be happy to move out on their own to separate homes.
- Marty is the Dad and senior of the bunch at about 6 years old.
- Lily Bear is Marty’s daughter and is 4 years old. She is blind in one eye but that just makes it easier for her to see who loves her.
- Ranger is Marty’s son and is about 3 and a half years old.
- Rosie is the super shy sidekick to the bunch. She warms up to folks though if they are patient with her and then she is a very giving little lady. Rosie happens to be a black and white Terrier mix at 5 years old.
- 5-month old Lab mix Princess loves to play and be held as most puppies do. She was brought to us with her brother who has since been adopted so she’s on her own now.
- A little flower with a lot of energy, Daisy, a Rat Terrier / Dachshund mix loves attention and is super sweet in returning it.
- Serenity wants to find who her good fit would be and likes to have people hold her. A 4 month Dachshund mix puppy that will steal your heart.
- Looking for a little senior lady to share your life with? How about a 10 year old Chihuahua named Allie to accompany you and yours in your travels? Allie may have some grey in that chocolate coat of hers but she keeps out from under foot when tagging along. She says a calm household is her preference and tends to find her a nice quiet spot to keep warm when things get hectic. She may be timid upon your first introduction, warming up after you get to know her.
- Hudson, what a noble looking young man appearing to look a little like a smaller version of a Doberman Pinscher. He says he is about 2 years old and thinks he may be from a Terrier mix family.
- Sassy and Rosie came in together being a very standoff’ish pair, not fully trusting until they decided that we were good folks to have around. They will probably each spread their wings to go to different homes and have done just fine when apart. Patient adopters are sought and will be rewarded with a smile and wagging tale.
- Sassy is a shiny black pup around 2 years old and thought to be a Terrier / Dachshund mix. She isn’t fond of little kids, so someone or a couple on their own would make the best candidate for Sassy.
- What character Rusty has with those bushy eyebrows, mustache and goatee. Being only about 1 year old, he stands out with unique rusty red fur. Having a Scottish Terrier / Cocker Spaniel mix invites a lot of looks that will get him plenty of affection.
- Moxie is a beautiful brindle colored 3 year old She is housebroken, very friendly to people, trained not to bark unless there seems to be something out of the ordinary, gets along with other dogs, and loves kids. Once she gets attached she can be protective of her new family.
- Freckles is aptly named for the freckled look she has on her white coat. Having the long body of a Dachshund and more the size of a Blue Heeler, her long curled tail wags with happiness. Having been raised with some, she loves kids and has been exposed to farm animals but prefers chickens a little too much for her to stay on a farm with them.
- Rooster is a 2 year old red Hound and Dachshund mix that is shy until she gets to know you.
She tends to get along with female dogs.
- Our English Bulldog, Karla has the energy and playful drive of a puppy even though she is now over 3 years old. Karla is looking for someone to be the leader, who will also take her outside for lots of play time.