Gal Gadot Confirms Brett Ratner’s Removal From ‘Wonder Woman’
Last week, Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot said she would only do a sequel to the live action DC film if director and producer Brett Ratner was completely removed from the production. Now it seems Wonder Woman has saved the production.
Wonder Woman 2 is now a go as Gadot confirmed Ratner’s removal on NBC’s Today Show on Wednesday, November 15.
“Everyone knows the way that I feel because I’m not hiding anything,” she said. “But the truth is, there’s so many people involved in making this movie, it’s not just me, and they all echoed the same sentiments. You know what I mean?”
“Everyone knew what was the right thing to do, but there was nothing for me to actually come and say, ’cause it was already done before this article came out, you know?” Gadot added.
Now that Ratner has been removed, production on the Wonder Woman sequel begins.
Watch Gal Gadot’s appearance on the Today Show, below.
WATCH: Gal Gadot responds to report she didn’t want to work with Brett Ratner, who has faced sexual harassment allegations, on next installment of Wonder Woman pic.twitter.com/rBuSH2CE2Z
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) November 15, 2017
Editor’s note: An earlier version of this article from Saturday, November 18 incorrectly referred to Wonder Woman as a Marvel property when it is a DC film. We have corrected and regret the error.