TxDOT Timetable for Lufkin Loop and Other Area Projects
Here’s a look at some of the ongoing and new road construction projects that will be happening in our Texas Department of Transportation District over the next several weeks. One of the biggest areas of interest is the work happening on the East Loop 287 in Lufkin.
Work there is continuing as a final surface application is scheduled to be set this week on the southbound side. Drewery Construction, contractor for the emergency project, has begun the final surface application of asphalt after all lanes were milled and swept. Work will continue from the Moffett Road overpass to Tulane Drive with daily lane closures expected.
Once work is completed in the southbound lanes, crews will begin the final surface application on northbound lanes. Weather permitting, work will be completed by the end of September. Motorists are urged to reduce speed, obey all signage and prepare for delays through work areas. Stay alert to nearby equipment and workers.
Work schedules are subject to change in inclement weather. For updates on projects throughout the state, visit drivetexas.org. Work scheduled throughout the nine-county Lufkin District for the coming week includes:
- US 69 South: Crews are scheduled for mill and inlay operations in Huntington.
- US 69: Work is scheduled on cross structures from Huntington to FM 844 on this project to widen the roadway from two lanes to a four lane divided roadway.
- US 59 South: Milling will be done on high joints on the southbound access road near Tulane Drive.
- BU 59: Work is scheduled to replace and upgrade guardrail at Timberland Drive and Chestnut Drive.
- US 59 North/BU 59: Work to relocate signage at the exit ramp of US 59/SL 287 West is scheduled.
- Various locations: Crews are scheduled to continue removing tar from the roadway and patching surfaces.
- US 59: Crews will work on ditches and vegetative establishment throughout the completed project designed to install raised medians and widen the roadway from SL 224 to 1.2 miles south of SL 224.
- US 59 South: Paving and striping have been completed on this project where a fresh overlay was set from the grass median just south of SL 224 to the Angelina River Bridge.
- FM 95: This project has been placed on vegetative establishment at Parallel Creek where the bridge and approaches were replaced.
- FM 343: The surface has been placed and striping is scheduled on this project designed to reconstruct and widen the pavement from the Cherokee County line to FM 225.
- FM 1087: Crews are scheduled to continue work on cross structures and place safety end treatments on fixed objects from US 259 to FM 95.
- FM 2783: Work is scheduled to continue rehabilitating the roadway and widening pavement from SH 204 to the end of pavement.
- FM 1878: Abutments are being constructed and columns and caps have been completed on the bridge replacement project at LaNana Creek.
- US 190: Cleanup work is underway on this project nearing completion that was designed to add passing lanes from Onalaska to FM 2457.
- FM 942: Crews are scheduled to continue rehabilitating the roadway in various locations.
- Livingston State Park: The project has been completed after parking lots and camping loops at Youpon, Red Oak and Piney Shore camping areas were rehabilitated.
- Old Bering Road: Crews are completing final cleanup after a new bridge and approaches have been constructed at Blue Branch.
- Carmona Road: The new bridge and approaches have been completed at Brushy Creek and crews are scheduled to continue cleanup.
SAN JACINTO COUNTY
- US 59: Work is complete on this project designed to construct a grade separation interchange and close crossovers from 1 mile north of FM 2914 to 1 miles south of FM 2914.
- US 59: Crews are working on final grading on frontage roads from just south of the railroad to just north of FM 2914 in Shepherd.
- US 59: Crews are scheduled to continue upgrading and safety treating metal beam guard railing where pavement was resurfaced from just south of FM 2914 to the Liberty County line.
- US 59: Signs, delineators and mailboxes are scheduled to be repaired in various locations.
- US 190: Crews are preparing the right of way, installing culverts and safety treating metal beam guard fence from the Walker County line to the Polk County line.
- Various locations: Crews are scheduled to continue cleanup after Hurricane Harvey which includes repairing pavement, washouts and bridges on US 190, US 59, SH 150, FM 1725, FM 222 and FM 3128.
- US 84: Traffic is in its permanent configuration and crews are cleaning throughout the project that was designed to replace one existing bridge with two bridges at the Sabine River between Texas and Louisiana.
- US 96: Milling and planing of the roadway is complete in part of the project from 1.4 miles north of SH 87 to just south of SH 7.
- SH 7: Crews are cleaning up and the project has been placed on vegetative establishment after safety treatments on fixed objects were completed from 4.4 miles east of FM 2913 to US 96.
- FM 2140: Crews will work to rehabilitate the roadway in various locations.
- FM 417: Safety treating metal beam guard railing continues with work on driveways and mailboxes from SH 87 to FM 139.
- CR 4855: The bridge deck is complete at Byfield Creek. The wing walls for the box culvert at the tributary of the Attoyac Bayou on CR 4760 are being constructed.
- CR 4789: Crews are scheduled to continue the drill shaft foundation after removal of the old bridge at the tributary of Blackwater Creek.
- CR 4256: Guardrail work is scheduled at the newly replaced bridge at Flat Fork Creek.
- CR 4020: Cleanup work continues after replacement of bridges and approaches at the access road at Toledo Bend Reservoir, CR 4020 at Bear Bayou and CR 4293 at the tributary of Flat Fork Creek.
- Various locations: Work is scheduled to repair signs, potholes and edges in various locations.
SAN AUGUSTINE COUNTY
- US 96: Crews are scheduled to continue slope work with striping expected within a few days. Paving is complete on this project designed to add passing lanes and reconstruct pavement from the Shelby County line to FM 3451.
- SH 21: This project has been placed on vegetative establishment and cleanup work is being done after crews safety treated fixed objects from SH 147 to FM 1. This project also included safety treatments on US 96 from FM 83 to the Jasper County line and on FM 1175 from the end of pavement to FM 83.
- SH 21: Bridge approaches are being constructed at Venado Creek and Perkins Creek with flex base and cement treatments scheduled. The bridge deck at Perkins Creek has been placed and the Venado Creek bridge deck is scheduled to be set. Box culverts are under construction for Venado Creek.
- SH 21: The drilled shaft foundation has been set and work continues on the bridge substructure at Niciper Creek.
- FM 705: Work will continue to safety treat fixed objects from SH 147 to the end of pavement.
- Various locations: Crews are scheduled to repair and level up pavement on various roadways including US 96, SH 147 and FM 1751.
- US 87: Base repairs are scheduled in various locations.
- US 287: Work continues on slopes and cross structures on this project designed to reconstruct existing pavement from SH 94 to Harrison Avenue in Groveton.
- US 287: This project is not active until utility work is complete. The project is designed to safety treat fixed objects from the Houston County line to SH 94.
- SH 94: Edge work is scheduled in various locations.
- FM 1280: Base repair is scheduled along with patching in various locations.
- SH 21 East: Crews are scheduled to install driveway culverts and place safety end treatments on guardrails from just south of SL 304 to 2.5 miles south of FM 1733.
- SH 21 West: Concrete is being removed and work to undercut eastbound lanes continues on this project designed to reconstruct pavement and add passing lanes from 2.3 miles east of FM 2967 to SH 7.
- SH 21 East: Level up and repair is scheduled from FM 3187 to FM 227R.
- SH 19: Work is scheduled to continue installing guardrail and cleaning culverts from SH 7 to 1.6 miles north of FM 231.
- FM 227: The old bridge at Hickory Creek has been removed and crews are cleaning debris and placing rock for slope protection prior to construction on the new bridge and approaches.
- FM 227: Pavement is being reconstructed and widened from 4 miles west of SH 21 to the SH 21 intersection. This project includes reconstruction and widening to 24-feet just east of CR 1685 to SH 21. Motorists will be led by a pilot car through the area.
- FM 2110: Crews are scheduled to work on base repairs and level up pavement in various locations from SL 304 to the end of pavement.
- CR 1155: Crews are working to place beams and build forms for the new bridge slab at the Neches River Relief.