Watch Out! You Don’t Want to Break These Strange And Silly Laws in Texas
Laws. We live by laws. As a general rule, laws are pretty good. Then there are the strange laws that for some reason became a law and are actually still in the books.
I guess the really strange thing about some of these laws is that someone had to have actually done the act for someone to write a law and say "Hey, you can't do that! It's against the law now."
I checked out some state laws in Texas that are pretty silly and are still actual laws.
5 Strange Texas Laws:
1. It's against the law to milk someone else's cow.
2. A criminal must give their victims 24 hours notice. Yes! Orally or in writing and explain why the crime will be committed. Excuse me?
3. Hope you don't have any of these evil things around the house. The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in the state of Texas. Why? It has a formula for making beer at home.
4. While we are on the subject of beer, it is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
5. Oh, and here's a good one. When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop and neither shall proceed until the other has gone. Okay, think about that one for a while.